Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fairy Houses


I’m currently in a fairy phase. Per the Baby Blues cartoon from Sunday August 11, guys can skip this post, but definitely check out the cartoon. It is absolutely laugh out loud material!  (I’d post it, but I’m sure there are some funky copyright rules about that sort of thing…)

I am particularly enamored with Fairy Houses right now. Don’t ask why. I don’t know, though it likely has to do with my early childhood and missing the ‘fairy phase’ along with the ‘drawing and collecting plastic horses phase.’ Pink ponies never filled by dreams or my sketch books. Fortunately, they still do not. Little Kiddles on the other hand--I LOVED them!!! And, I still have my collection! If they were still made, I would even buy them! (Guys, I told you not to read this post!!!)

I started a pottery class this month, so I’ve been sculpting fairy houses, soon to be glazed and fired. Eventually, I will post photos because I like them a lot.  Prior to that, I made a fairy garden for my best friend. Here’s a quick glimpse before it was allegedly over taken by spider mites. I didn’t invite them, but maybe the fairies are friends with the spider mites and invited them for tea?

That’s all. There are some fairies clamoring for their own cozy house on my property. I can hear them!!! Go cochlear implant!!!  The fairy setting is working really well!
Some would call it ‘tinnitus’ but if I imagine it to be fairies, my outlook seems to be a little brighter.



The last pics are ones from the summer solstice celebration at the Spicy Lamb Farm in Peninsula. It was a mellow, but pleasant couple of hours there surrounded by animals and fairies. 

1 comment:

  1. I knew very little of fairy gardens until this summer when I took my niece to Graf's and helped her add to her own fairy garden. I fell head-first for the adorable little furniture and plants that are available!

    ReplyDelete