Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cheer










After 25+ years of decking the halls, everything feels like it's coming together this year. The tree was up before my Creative Memories Open House. (never before) Which also means that my annual dusting is partially completed. Dust Bunnies be gone! The lights aren't up on the porch and they may not be given the fact that I value my fingers more than holiday lights at the moment (wind chill's a bit too low)...

Putting together some calendars for gifts (just forget I said that if you'll be getting one) I found some of last year's Christmas Cheer shots. Timely to share them on this first snowy day of the season. The House That Will Never Recover (or at least the electric bill that will never recover) was discovered in Alexandria, VA by my sleuthing brother in law who shamelessly loves Christmas lights. It was so over the top, all we could do was laugh, though I'm sure the neighbors were crying en route to the police station to get either a restraining order for the blow up Christmas characters, or a police person to direct traffic.

Enjoy the twinkle all around. These moments are for savoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment