Friday, November 6, 2009

Testosterone

The morning after three talented man boys hung out.
It could be a lot worse I think...

Keeping them fed is just NOT an easy task.


Home office.
Budding "muscian"

Watch out for these. Vibram Five Fingers.
Only guys can eat donuts and run within the same hour.









Band Practice Snack Selection. What happens when teen boys go to the store all alone.

This is one thing I did not anticipate as my only daughter went off to college: so much MALE. I've been caught off guard after living with another just like me for 19 years. I am now only surrounded by my tall husband, my tall man/child son, his friends, the guy remodeling our bathrooms, the guys in car pool, etc… And, just when my daughter goes off to college, my best friend has been out of the loop for over 2 weeks attending to family needs. What's a girl to do? !


Now, don't get me wrong… I happen to like men, but they are well… different. At my house, at least.


They eats lots and lots (and lots) of cereal. Mr. Southbeach has told me that cereal is crossed off of my list so I don't join them.


They sweat. That translates to lots and lots of athletic style laundry. (see former post "Walnuts" regarding the recent decrease in the laundry department, however). I do work out, but I don't' sweat, I glisten.


Running shoes stink. Especially Vibram Five Fingers. And since a lot of running happens around here, there is a lot of potential for olfactory distress!


At my house there is a general sense of "Oh, I didn't see that laying there on the floor (or substitute table, bathroom, sink, pretty-much-anywhere)" Even the notes that I post right at eye level at the front door get missed. Yea, this is mostly for the man/child. I know. Hubby hates stuff laying around and I'm the queen of messy counter tops in my office. (Another post, another time…)

Milk stays in only one spot in the fridge. Why? If it wasn't there, male types wouldn't be able to find it. You know, we have a really, really, really big fridge with like three shelves! Don't even think about sending them off to find mayonnaise or leftovers.

They like the idea of leftovers. Not the reality.

We have, well, sorta kinda different tastes in music too. Especially, man/ child and me. Our car pool route is short enough for me to be a generous mom and let him play assorted CDs and radio stations. Loud. It is one of the only times in my life when having a hearing disability comes in handy. (Must remember that in moments of frustration, Andi)

I know lots of moms who have spent their days with heaps of boys… and I know they often love it and prefer it to a pack of girls. It's still new to me, I guess. Growing up with a sister, lots of Girl Scout friends, roommates, etc…

Today I noticed the testosterone. Tomorrow I'll buy more cereal and milk and move the leftovers to the top shelf, put them on a plate with a little garnish and microwave oven instructions. And call the USDA and have them amend the food groups to include Macaroni and Cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I...I don't know what to say. You talkin' 'bout me? Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm gone mom!!! I will be home soon, and we can again make the estrogen equal the testosterone! loves

    ReplyDelete