Sunday, November 8, 2009

Aftermath


The week was more than a little busy. Projects all just-in-time-delivery. No time for general maintenance except for keeping the kitchen in good enough shape so as not to breed disease.

My studio-office however, was another story. When redesigning a room for home entry, the architects talk about a "DROP ZONE". You know, the place where you unload everything just after you grabbed several items with your teeth in order to free up a hand to turn the door knob into the house (not always successfully). Architects assume one flat surface and/or some hooks for a DROP ZONE. Me? This week I had an entire ROOM that performed the task quite well, thank you very much.

After my psuedo rant about the testosterone spilling out all over the house in my other post, I figured it was time for the truth to come out, though I DID mention my messy office already! Artists + Projects = Mess. Just the way it is for me. Here you are... a sneak peek at last night's DROP ZONE.






Actually, in process pictures for the cross country runners for the banquet. I hope they liked them.

Three memorial services in three weeks, cross country banquet and photo gifts for over 40 kids and two coaches. The school auction (see "STITCHES" for a glimpse of the quilt!) It went for $250. I think the kids will be proud! A craft fair to pack up for, set up and do. My BFF arriving back in town after being gone for over two weeks with the loss of her dad. Ordering supplies and getting letters our for next week's Creative Memories Retreat. Not to mention time at the gym for some PT stuff and general life maintenance.

My list of excuses for this large, lovely room becoming such a disaster in the aftermath of my busy-ness. Whew! And, what am I doing this evening? Instead of moving stuff and putting it all away, I'm writing about how messy this room is (and am not feeling particularly badly about it at all!)

Feel free to come visit! I'll find a chair someplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment