Monday, March 15, 2010

Winter Break

Death. Taxes. Parenting. Blizzards. Part of what the recent past has been made of, thus a little blog hiatus. I may be back. I may not. One never can tell :) But, as spring in the NE teases us with her presence, my thoughts come to life as well. This is good.

First a report to follow up on my Upcycling post from a while back. I've happily gathered numerous old sweaters and turned them into felt. Most worked well, but not all. Trial and error. I made my first bag and gave it to my mom. She likes RED, so this one was perfect! I'm happy with the results. Lined it with gray corduroy and put the same on the strap to offer it some stability. There will be more to come. But, a few "transformation photos". Backwards order from finish to start. I'll figure out this blog thing someday!





Mom loved it! And I am eager to create the time to make some more of them!
Next up is my OLYMPIC SCARF. I forgot to mention that pretty much the only time I ever watch TV is during the Winter Olympics every four years. I spent numerous cozy hours, not blogging, but watching athletes strut their stuff while I sat on my duff and created this Upcycled Scarf. It's a tad fragile, but I like it a lot. (Idea from the book Sweater Surgery).

When I take the time, I'm also enjoying perusing others' blogs to see their fab upcycled creations! Thanks to all who share. I'm having fun with these!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andi! Thanks so much for your "convo"! I took a little time off from sewing and blogging last week, so I'm just now catching up on correspondence. I wanted to come and check out your blog to see photos of the purse. Very cute purse for your Mom and I also love the scarf. Nice work! Happy creating and upcycling! -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete