Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Centered

Centered. Today's word, though my life's activities represented "fragmented" instead. As I closed my eyes to ponder a brief blog entry at this late hour (it represents 'yesterday' now that it is 12:15 am, but it is still 'today' for me :) 'centered' came immediately to mind, for it is what I wish for and need to be right now.

Work occupied 8 hours of my day. Flitting around helping customers in all sorts of ways, mostly enjoyable. A few conversations... one dear friend who popped in, one guy a new resident to whom I gave the lay of the land for outdoor activities, a lively acquaintance and others... packing away Christmas decorations; organizing; out with the old, in with the new; texting my now-living-across-the-country-again-daughter; arguing with my newly driving son; shoveling snow; opening mail. FRAGMENTED. You get the picture.

The wearing of grief, the intensity of parenting teens with such wildly varying needs, the ability to take what comes and greet people pleasantly, all require that I be CENTERED, however. For me that centering comes through quietly listening to the still small voice of God Himself. He is always there waiting for me to stop long enough to listen to his loving words and advice. Right now, I must stop and listen for if I don't, I will quickly be overwhelmed by all that fragments me. I know He longs to carry me. To offer my soul the space to experience sorrow and gratefulness. To give me the ability to 'let go' of what I want to control when it comes to parenting... and on and on and on...

Tomorrow is a new day. I will ponder more and be less fragmented even as I go about my daily list. Which, by the way, will include some journaling, some exercise (a good time for my mind to ponder), and the mindless and quite necessary Cleaning at home that MUST happen. I could, of course, include a photo as Example A for that latter activity, but I will refrain.

May God grant us all the willingness and strength to be Centered this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment