Friday, October 23, 2009

Freemont







Ohio has its charms, no doubt, but Seattle has an undeniable energy that I love to absorb when traveling there. This time is was to drop off my daughter for her first year at college. Much to my glee (and strong desire to be a student there myself!), I found a bike path one block from her dorm that runs along the shipping canal all the way to Puget Sound. One can take it the opposite direction into downtown Seattle or take a small detour, merely 5 bike minutes from campus to Freemont.

This eclectic community likes to think of themselves as the center of the universe. All well and good for those who are less than humble. Nevertheless, the place is fun and energetic and full of whimsy...light and dark. Here's a quick peek for you. My college community did NOT look a bit like this one! Kind of too bad, actually :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay...here goes: Have loved your writing for years. And your photos. Now I--and everyone else--gets to feast on the combination! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete