Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Deadlines




Life ebbs and flows between breathing space and deadlines. Fall seems to be more full with the latter much of the time. Such is the case in my life at present. The challenge for me is to move through the days and meet the deadlines without relying on an old habit of cranking up the internal adrenaline. A habit that was not good for me years ago and would not be good for me today.

I caught myself in that old trap today, feeling various deadlines approaching. A quick prayer for calm and perspective to break the familiar habit of getting all riled up on my own body's intensity. Whoa!! Slow down! Breathe! Prayers answered... a collaborative effort between my awareness and God's grace.

I will still walk my usual speedy pace and keep balancing all these current projects, but I'll lean on the shalom that's offered to me in the midst of it.

One project: Cross Country Banquet photo prints for dedicated students! Here's a beginning peek just so I could have something visual to post!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely thought about "a collaborative effort between my awareness and God's grace." That's great! Thanks for that image...it's how I want to live my days.

    ReplyDelete