Thursday, August 5, 2010

On The Train

Zooming past the green and brown sheep laden English countryside. I so love absorbing the scenery and the culture! Little things are my favorite to notice ... The chimneys, taxis, clothes on my fellow travels, all the bicycles parked here at the York station. Though I also notice the cathedrals in the small towns and castle ruins strewn about . Definitely not the States!

Yesterday we were traveling by the sea cliffs. A treat I did not expect. We were met at the Newcastle station by my English friend from 30 years ago, Andy. What a delightful evening to dine with them in their home .. A three story town home built longbefore anything in Ohio! Full of stained glass and modern amenities with the exception of napkins. I am a messy eater I guess as I require napkins !

But, I digress. We looked at photos of us together as 20 year olds and compared empty nest notes. What a gift of time.

Alas. If I keep up my one finer iPod touch blogging I shall miss the sheep of a thousand hills. Paris tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment