Saturday, July 24, 2010

Arthur's Seat







I don't really know the story yet, but I do know that this left over volcanic peak above Edinburgh provides some amazing 360 views on a lovely evening! After a day of touring in this ancient city, we were already ready to escape to the hills. Tried out my new hiking boots and found them perfectly suited for climbing to the top to Arthur's Seat. It was a perfect evening, though, unlike today, we didn't eat quite enough and headed back to town via the Holyrood Palace to find dinner. First dinner. Then whisky. But, alas. I already mentioned that in another post. I hate whisky. I didn't even have the equivalent of one shot and it was plenty for me.
The sunset I did like. And the ruins of the Palace Chapel and all the Rabbits. HUGE rabbits all over the place. Simply lovely to get a taste of the highlands and it was the perfect evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment